LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Fourteen pets were adopted at the Coulee Region Humane Society's "Adoption Extravaganza" event at Valley View Mall.
Within the first two hours of the event on Friday, four pets were adopted.
"Many people -so many children- got introduced to rabbits, improving people's understanding of what this animal is like as a pet," said Peg Zappen of the Coulee Region Humane Society.
China, "a cheerful and social pitbull mix" was not adopted but Zappen said "she was a very popular presence at the mall. People loved her smiling face."
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting