LA CROSSE, Wis. - For some people Wednesday's date, 12-12-12, carries some significance. It happens only once every 100 years and some people think it's lucky.
It was a very special day for the Thoma family who welcomed little Ryder Joseph into the world.
The parent's, Steve and Amanda, got to choose what day Ryder would be born and they chose 12-12-12. At first, Amanda didn't realize the significance of the date, but Steve did.
Along with being a unique, there's another reason these Packers fans say it's a special day. "We'll it's Aaron Rodgers day too, we were going to find him a little Aaron Rodgers jersey to put on him on take a picture of him. I brought up the option of naming him Aaron, but that got shot down pretty quick," said Amanda.17762144
Little Ryder was born at 8:31 Wednesday morning. Mom didn't want to wait until 12:12.
Ryder could be a football player one day too. He was 9 lbs. 4 oz.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks