LA CROSSE, Wis. - For some people Wednesday's date, 12-12-12, carries some significance. It happens only once every 100 years and some people think it's lucky.
It was a very special day for the Thoma family who welcomed little Ryder Joseph into the world.
The parent's, Steve and Amanda, got to choose what day Ryder would be born and they chose 12-12-12. At first, Amanda didn't realize the significance of the date, but Steve did.
Along with being a unique, there's another reason these Packers fans say it's a special day. "We'll it's Aaron Rodgers day too, we were going to find him a little Aaron Rodgers jersey to put on him on take a picture of him. I brought up the option of naming him Aaron, but that got shot down pretty quick," said Amanda.17762144
Little Ryder was born at 8:31 Wednesday morning. Mom didn't want to wait until 12:12.
Ryder could be a football player one day too. He was 9 lbs. 4 oz.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016