APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - A Fox Valley woman has been sentenced to a year in jail for a fatal bike crash.
Prosecutors say PaKou Xiong struck Jim Weiss from behind as he rode his bike in Kimberly in July of last year. Authorities believe Xiong was texting at the time of the crash.
A judge in Outagamie County on Tuesday also sentenced Xiong to serve five years of probation and do 100 hours of community service each of those years while wearing jail orange and a pin memorializing Weiss.
WLUK-TV reports an accident reconstruction showed there were no signs Xiong attempted to brake before hitting Weiss.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016