APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - A Fox Valley woman has been sentenced to a year in jail for a fatal bike crash.
Prosecutors say PaKou Xiong struck Jim Weiss from behind as he rode his bike in Kimberly in July of last year. Authorities believe Xiong was texting at the time of the crash.
A judge in Outagamie County on Tuesday also sentenced Xiong to serve five years of probation and do 100 hours of community service each of those years while wearing jail orange and a pin memorializing Weiss.
WLUK-TV reports an accident reconstruction showed there were no signs Xiong attempted to brake before hitting Weiss.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals