LA CROSSE, Wis. -- - Gundersen Lutheran received a $1 million donation to help treat teens with mental health needs.
Dr. David and Sacia Morris made the donation.
Their name is now the title of Gundersen Lutheran's new adolescent behavioral health unit.
The hospital held a ceremony honoring the couple on Saturday.
The Morris' say they are happy to be able to help provide care for teens in our area.
"We think it's extremely important that there's help for adolescents," Sacia said. "Before this, they would have to go many miles away from their families and so on and now there's this beautiful facility with wonderful doctors and nurses that can help them and we're more than happy that we can do something to help."
Gundersen Lutheran is one of the only hospitals in the tri-state area with an inpatient unit for teens.18387872
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota