NEW HOLSTEIN, Wis. (AP) - One person has died and five others have been injured in an apartment fire in New Holstein.
Fire officials say the blaze started in a kitchen area of the two-story building Friday. Authorities say the building was originally a bar and boarding house before it was converted to apartments.
WLUK-TV reports there's no initial word on how the fire started or the conditions of the injured.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington