NEW HOLSTEIN, Wis. (AP) -- - One person has died and four others have been injured in an apartment fire in New Holstein.
Fire officials say the blaze started in a kitchen area of the two-story building Friday.
Authorities say the building was originally a bar and boarding house before it was converted to apartments.
New Holstein police say the woman who died, 42-year-old Nicole Masucci, never made out of the building.
Four others got out with the help of a first responder.
Police say the four other victims were treated at a hospital and released.
WLUK-TV reports crews don't know what started the fire.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners