NEW HOLSTEIN, Wis. (AP) -- - One person has died and four others have been injured in an apartment fire in New Holstein.
Fire officials say the blaze started in a kitchen area of the two-story building Friday.
Authorities say the building was originally a bar and boarding house before it was converted to apartments.
New Holstein police say the woman who died, 42-year-old Nicole Masucci, never made out of the building.
Four others got out with the help of a first responder.
Police say the four other victims were treated at a hospital and released.
WLUK-TV reports crews don't know what started the fire.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure