WAUNAKEE, Wis. (AP) - One person has died and two others have been injured in a fire at a senior housing complex in Dane County.
Firefighters were called to 16-unit complex in Waunakee about 8 p.m. Wednesday. Fire Chief Gary Acker tells WKOW-TV the two injured people were taken to the hospital. Their injuries are not believed to be life threatening. Others in the complex were evacuated and taken to the fire station where the Red Cross provided assistance.
Authorities say the fire apparently started in the kitchen of one of the units. Acker says two of the units were damaged.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student