WAUNAKEE, Wis. (AP) - One person has died and two others have been injured in a fire at a senior housing complex in Dane County.
Firefighters were called to 16-unit complex in Waunakee about 8 p.m. Wednesday. Fire Chief Gary Acker tells WKOW-TV the two injured people were taken to the hospital. Their injuries are not believed to be life threatening. Others in the complex were evacuated and taken to the fire station where the Red Cross provided assistance.
Authorities say the fire apparently started in the kitchen of one of the units. Acker says two of the units were damaged.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?