LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mount La Crosse officially closed its hills to skiers Sunday at 4 p.m.
General Manager Darcie Breidel said conditions on the hills are still good, but the weather is getting to be inconsistent and customer numbers were down, so it was time to shut-down for the year.
"The winter-like conditions extended the season for a week longer than originally scheduled, and with the earlier-than-usual Thanksgiving weekend open, the season has been the longest in a decade," Breidel said.
She said it's possible if a huge snowfall (12 inches or more) hits our area, Mt. La Crosse would re-open.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Candle caused fatal Madison condo fire; victim identified
- Walker asks public for help selling his budget
- 90 cans of baby formula stolen from Walmart