LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mount La Crosse officially closed its hills to skiers Sunday at 4 p.m.
General Manager Darcie Breidel said conditions on the hills are still good, but the weather is getting to be inconsistent and customer numbers were down, so it was time to shut-down for the year.
"The winter-like conditions extended the season for a week longer than originally scheduled, and with the earlier-than-usual Thanksgiving weekend open, the season has been the longest in a decade," Breidel said.
She said it's possible if a huge snowfall (12 inches or more) hits our area, Mt. La Crosse would re-open.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants