HOWARD, Wis. (AP) -- A Milwaukee woman remains in critical condition a day after her car was hit head-on by a Brown County Sheriff deputy's squad car.
The Wisconsin State Patrol says Deputy Rueben Meisner lost control of his car on Saturday near Green Bay, as he and other officers were pursuing a stolen car on U.S. Highway 41. The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports Meisner swerved to avoid a tire deflation device, crossed the centerline and struck an oncoming car.
The driver is identified as 27-year-old Michelle Lecker of Milwaukee. St. Vincent Hospital reports Sunday she is still in critical condition.
Meisner and a male passenger in Lecker's car received non-life threatening injuries.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather