HOWARD, Wis. (AP) -- A Milwaukee woman remains in critical condition a day after her car was hit head-on by a Brown County Sheriff deputy's squad car.
The Wisconsin State Patrol says Deputy Rueben Meisner lost control of his car on Saturday near Green Bay, as he and other officers were pursuing a stolen car on U.S. Highway 41. The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports Meisner swerved to avoid a tire deflation device, crossed the centerline and struck an oncoming car.
The driver is identified as 27-year-old Michelle Lecker of Milwaukee. St. Vincent Hospital reports Sunday she is still in critical condition.
Meisner and a male passenger in Lecker's car received non-life threatening injuries.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests