EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - Xcel Energy crews have restored power to more than 90-percent of customers in Minneosta and Wisconsin who lost power due to the Thursday's winter storm.
About 60,000 Xcel Energy customers have been affected since the storm moved into the Upper Midwest Thursday afternoon.
Xcel Energy says freezing rain, sleet and heavy, wet snow combined with high winds snapped tree branches and downed power lines.
To report an outage, call Xcel Energy's outage line 1-800-895-1999. If natural gas customers smell natural gas in their homes or place of work, Xcel says you should leave immediately and call 1-800-895-2999.
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- The Latest: Dakota Access pipeline could be operating soon
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Downtown Minneapolis hospital announces layoffs
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix