EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - Xcel Energy crews have restored power to more than 90-percent of customers in Minneosta and Wisconsin who lost power due to the Thursday's winter storm.
About 60,000 Xcel Energy customers have been affected since the storm moved into the Upper Midwest Thursday afternoon.
Xcel Energy says freezing rain, sleet and heavy, wet snow combined with high winds snapped tree branches and downed power lines.
To report an outage, call Xcel Energy's outage line 1-800-895-1999. If natural gas customers smell natural gas in their homes or place of work, Xcel says you should leave immediately and call 1-800-895-2999.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests