EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - Xcel Energy crews have restored power to more than 90-percent of customers in Minneosta and Wisconsin who lost power due to the Thursday's winter storm.
About 60,000 Xcel Energy customers have been affected since the storm moved into the Upper Midwest Thursday afternoon.
Xcel Energy says freezing rain, sleet and heavy, wet snow combined with high winds snapped tree branches and downed power lines.
To report an outage, call Xcel Energy's outage line 1-800-895-1999. If natural gas customers smell natural gas in their homes or place of work, Xcel says you should leave immediately and call 1-800-895-2999.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash