LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Heaters have been running non-stop lately and that means big heating bills.
Xcel Energy has a way to keep those bills down in high usage months. Its budget billing program spreads out the cost of heating and cooling your home over 12 months.
The program estimates how much you will pay and averages it out over the year. That way homeowners can avoid the spikes in cost during cold times like this.
"You may be paying more in October or April or May than you might have, which are the shorter months, but then when you get to July and August it's that same amount, or close to that same amount," said Xcel Energy Community Service Manager Mike Herro.
You can set up budget billing plan on their website, XcelEnergy.com or by calling Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-4999.And if you are behind on your bill, they can help you set up a payment plan.24165526
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners