WINONA, MN - There's been an outpouring of support for the Winona State Students displaced by last week's downtown fire.
Administrators say at least 15 students who were living in the apartments where a fire destroyed three buildings are in temporary housing on campus.
Since then, the Winona and campus community have been stepping up to help out. "We've had overwhelming support come in from people offering monetary donations, books, beds, all kinds of things to students," said WSU's Interim Associate V.P. Dean of Students.
The Winona State Foundation will help the students purchase textbooks.
There's still no definite cause of the fire. Investigators are meeting again next week.22048844
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion