WINONA, MN - There's been an outpouring of support for the Winona State Students displaced by last week's downtown fire.
Administrators say at least 15 students who were living in the apartments where a fire destroyed three buildings are in temporary housing on campus.
Since then, the Winona and campus community have been stepping up to help out. "We've had overwhelming support come in from people offering monetary donations, books, beds, all kinds of things to students," said WSU's Interim Associate V.P. Dean of Students.
The Winona State Foundation will help the students purchase textbooks.
There's still no definite cause of the fire. Investigators are meeting again next week.22048844
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract