BURNSVILLE, Minn. (AP) - A Burnsville woman is accused of assaulting her husband with a hammer and trying to strangle him with a telephone cord.
Seventy-one-year-old Sharon Ann Ripka is charged in Dakota County District Court with attempted domestic assault by strangulation, making terroristic threats and interfering with a 911 call.
A criminal complaint says police were called to the couple's home Monday where they found both covered with blood. The complaint says the husband, identified only as L.R., also had a telephone cord around his neck.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the husband told investigators his wife attacked him because he was still in bed at 8 a.m.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners