BURNSVILLE, Minn. (AP) - A Burnsville woman is accused of assaulting her husband with a hammer and trying to strangle him with a telephone cord.
Seventy-one-year-old Sharon Ann Ripka is charged in Dakota County District Court with attempted domestic assault by strangulation, making terroristic threats and interfering with a 911 call.
A criminal complaint says police were called to the couple's home Monday where they found both covered with blood. The complaint says the husband, identified only as L.R., also had a telephone cord around his neck.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the husband told investigators his wife attacked him because he was still in bed at 8 a.m.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants
- Minnesota residents help homeless man
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm