WASHINGTON, D.C. - State senators from Wisconsin and Minnesota made a bet on Saturday's Green Bay Packers-Minnesota Vikings game at Lambeau Field.
Wisconsin Senators Tammy Baldwin and Ron Johnson announced their friendly wager with Minnesota Senators Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar on Friday morning.
Senators Baldwin and Johnson wagered a case of Wisconsin craft beer against a case of local Minnesota beer from Senators Franken and Klobuchar.
"The Vikings have outperformed all the experts' predictions this year, and I'm sure they'll continue to do so this weekend at Lambeau Field in Green Bay," Senator Franken said. "I'm looking forward to watching the Vikings win and to enjoying a Wisconsin beer with Sen. Klobuchar in the very near future."
"This has been an exciting week," Senator Baldwin said. "But it's only going to get better when the Packers beat the Vikings and put an end to this trash talking from my Minnesota colleagues."
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington