WASHINGTON, D.C. - State senators from Wisconsin and Minnesota made a bet on Saturday's Green Bay Packers-Minnesota Vikings game at Lambeau Field.
Wisconsin Senators Tammy Baldwin and Ron Johnson announced their friendly wager with Minnesota Senators Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar on Friday morning.
Senators Baldwin and Johnson wagered a case of Wisconsin craft beer against a case of local Minnesota beer from Senators Franken and Klobuchar.
"The Vikings have outperformed all the experts' predictions this year, and I'm sure they'll continue to do so this weekend at Lambeau Field in Green Bay," Senator Franken said. "I'm looking forward to watching the Vikings win and to enjoying a Wisconsin beer with Sen. Klobuchar in the very near future."
"This has been an exciting week," Senator Baldwin said. "But it's only going to get better when the Packers beat the Vikings and put an end to this trash talking from my Minnesota colleagues."
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death