WINONA, MN - Winona State University (WSU) is helping several of their students who have been displaced by a large fire in downtown Winona early Friday morning.
"We are working on arrangements to provide on-campus housing and resources for the WSU students as needed," said WSU president Scott Olson. "University officials are assisting students in this transition, and the Red Cross is also involved. If you are a student who has been affected by the fire, please call the Office of Student Life and Development at 507-457-5300."
Counseling and support services are available to all those in the WSU community who may be affected by this tragedy. For more information, call WSU Counseling and Wellness Services at 507-457-5330.
"The individuals affected by these tragedies may be left without significant resources or support from friends and family, and they need our full support," Olson said. "We are their extended family here in Winona, and I hope you will join me and others as we support them. Further information will be provided as the students' needs are assessed."
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US