WINONA, Wis. - A freshman at Winona State University was found dead in his dorm room this weekend, according to a statement sent to students and staff on Sunday morning.
The student is identified as Mitchell Grierson, a freshman from Dassel, Minnesota.
"The cause of death has not been determined at this time, but there are no suspicious circumstances. The situation does not present a safety concern for others on campus," wrote Connie Gores, WSU's vice president for student life and development.
Grierson, who was 19, was living in Morey Hall on campus.
"As we mourn the loss of this young man, I encourage everyone to reach out to those who may be suffering and come together to remember his life," said Gores.18589400
Counseling and support services are available to all students and community members who may be affected by this loss. A counselor will be available in Morey Hall on Sunday from 1-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.
Funeral arrangements for Grierson are pending. For updated information, call the Office of Student Life and Development at 507-457-5300.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial