WINONA COUNTY, Minn. (WKBT) - The Winona County Sheriff's Department is investigating what led to the death of a 57-year-old man who was found in a pool of blood in the backyard of a residence on Broadway and Center Streets in Rollingstone.
Authorities say they haven't ruled out a suspicious cause of death.
Winona County Sheriff Dave Brand said the man, whose name has not been released, was found dead Sunday at about 3:40 p.m. in the backyard of a home he was watching. The homeowners found him when they returned.
There was also a blood trail for about two blocks leading to a park where more blood and the man's glasses were found.
Stay with News 8 and News8000.com as more information becomes available.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting