WINONA COUNTY, Minn. (WKBT) - The Winona County Sheriff's Department is investigating what led to the death of a 57-year-old man who was found in a pool of blood in the backyard of a residence on Broadway and Center Streets in Rollingstone.
Authorities say they haven't ruled out a suspicious cause of death.
Winona County Sheriff Dave Brand said the man, whose name has not been released, was found dead Sunday at about 3:40 p.m. in the backyard of a home he was watching. The homeowners found him when they returned.
There was also a blood trail for about two blocks leading to a park where more blood and the man's glasses were found.
Stay with News 8 and News8000.com as more information becomes available.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say
- Man fatally shot in Waterloo, authorities say