WASHINGTON, D.C. - Winona High School seniors won first, second and third place, respectively in the 2013 Congressional Art Competition in southern Minnesota.
Spencer Hodge won first place with his "manguy" portrait. His artwork will be on display at the Cannon Tunnel, leading to the U.S. Capitol for a year.
Danny Young won second with "The Cycle" photo and Haley Christensen won third place with, "Feeling Blue" portrait. Their artwork will be displaced in the Walz district offices.
"This is a unique competition that provides the opportunity to showcase the artistic talent of southern Minnesota students and acknowledge our nation's gifted young artists," Representative Tim Walz said in a statement.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion