WASHINGTON, D.C. - Winona High School seniors won first, second and third place, respectively in the 2013 Congressional Art Competition in southern Minnesota.
Spencer Hodge won first place with his "manguy" portrait. His artwork will be on display at the Cannon Tunnel, leading to the U.S. Capitol for a year.
Danny Young won second with "The Cycle" photo and Haley Christensen won third place with, "Feeling Blue" portrait. Their artwork will be displaced in the Walz district offices.
"This is a unique competition that provides the opportunity to showcase the artistic talent of southern Minnesota students and acknowledge our nation's gifted young artists," Representative Tim Walz said in a statement.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East