MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The two victims of a fatal traffic collision in north Minneapolis have been identified.
A Minneapolis Star Tribune report says the women were 40-year-old Maria Vassallo and 90-year-old Idalia Lopez, both of Minneapolis.
Police say Vassallo was driving Friday afternoon when she allegedly ran a red light and collided with a truck.
Lopez was killed at the scene. Vassallo died about 90 minutes later at a hospital. Four children in the van were treated for unspecified injuries.
The truck driver wasn't hurt.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student