MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The two victims of a fatal traffic collision in north Minneapolis have been identified.
A Minneapolis Star Tribune report says the women were 40-year-old Maria Vassallo and 90-year-old Idalia Lopez, both of Minneapolis.
Police say Vassallo was driving Friday afternoon when she allegedly ran a red light and collided with a truck.
Lopez was killed at the scene. Vassallo died about 90 minutes later at a hospital. Four children in the van were treated for unspecified injuries.
The truck driver wasn't hurt.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests