WINONA COUNTY, Minn. - A woman suffered minor injuries after her car ran off the road on Highway 61 in Winona County and hit a moving train on Tuesday morning, according to the Minnesota State Patrol.
The crash happened at abotu 10 a.m. around mile marker 23, along Highway 61 between Winona and Homer.
The Minnesota State Patrol says Gina Wilson, 24, of West Salem, was going northbound when she lost control on the wet pavement, ran off the road, launched off a cement culver and rolled down to the railroad tracks and struck a moving train.
Wilson was wearing her seatbelt. The State Patrol says she was taken to Winona Health.19687430
The Winona County Sheriff's Office, Winona Area Ambulance, Pickwick Fire and Railroad Police assisted the Minnesota State Patrol. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US