WINONA COUNTY, Minn. - A woman suffered minor injuries after her car ran off the road on Highway 61 in Winona County and hit a moving train on Tuesday morning, according to the Minnesota State Patrol.
The crash happened at abotu 10 a.m. around mile marker 23, along Highway 61 between Winona and Homer.
The Minnesota State Patrol says Gina Wilson, 24, of West Salem, was going northbound when she lost control on the wet pavement, ran off the road, launched off a cement culver and rolled down to the railroad tracks and struck a moving train.
Wilson was wearing her seatbelt. The State Patrol says she was taken to Winona Health.19687430
The Winona County Sheriff's Office, Winona Area Ambulance, Pickwick Fire and Railroad Police assisted the Minnesota State Patrol. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river