GRANITE FALLS, Minn. (AP) -- The body of an Xcel Energy contract worker who apparently fell from a dam into the Minnesota River near Granite Falls has been recovered.
The man's wife, Deb Stich, tells the West Central Tribune (http://bit.ly/o4qdxW) that the body of 50-year-old Tom Stich of Rush City was found Friday morning downstream from the dam.
Stich apparently fell off the dam around 1 p.m. Wednesday as he was removing logs and debris that had plugged a gate on the dam, which once held a hydroelectric generator.
Xcel Energy and local emergency responders have been searching for the man ever since. Tom Stich's life jacket was found about 100 yards downstream from where he was believed to have fallen in.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building