GRANITE FALLS, Minn. (AP) -- The body of an Xcel Energy contract worker who apparently fell from a dam into the Minnesota River near Granite Falls has been recovered.
The man's wife, Deb Stich, tells the West Central Tribune (http://bit.ly/o4qdxW) that the body of 50-year-old Tom Stich of Rush City was found Friday morning downstream from the dam.
Stich apparently fell off the dam around 1 p.m. Wednesday as he was removing logs and debris that had plugged a gate on the dam, which once held a hydroelectric generator.
Xcel Energy and local emergency responders have been searching for the man ever since. Tom Stich's life jacket was found about 100 yards downstream from where he was believed to have fallen in.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture