FREEBORN, Minn. (AP) -- Fire officials say an uncapped sewage line was the cause of an explosion that injured a man last week near the southern Minnesota town of Freeborn.
Fire Chief Steve Seipp tells the Albert Lea Tribune that sewer gas had backed into the house from the septic tank. Seipp says the gas sparked when 75-year-old Ralph William Yotter turned on a light switch Friday afternoon.
Yotter was burned on his face and body and was in critical condition Tuesday at Regions Hospital in St. Paul. His wife Patricia was outside at the time and suffered minor injuries.
The home was destroyed.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse