BEMIDJI, Minn. (AP) -- A Minnesota State Patrol helicopter and thermal imaging equipment were used during a manhunt in Beltrami County, but officials say two of three suspects in a car chase remain at large.
Sheriff's officials say they received a report of gunfire at a residence in Turtle River shortly before midnight Monday. Responding deputies saw a vehicle speed away from the residence and pulled it over. Then it took off at a high rate of speed. The suspects eventually hit some stop sticks, ditched the vehicle and two of them ran into some woods. Deputies say one of the suspects appeared to be armed with a pistol. One suspect was apprehended in the vehicle. Authorities say an assault rifle and ammunition were recovered from the vehicle.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest