BEMIDJI, Minn. (AP) -- A Minnesota State Patrol helicopter and thermal imaging equipment were used during a manhunt in Beltrami County, but officials say two of three suspects in a car chase remain at large.
Sheriff's officials say they received a report of gunfire at a residence in Turtle River shortly before midnight Monday. Responding deputies saw a vehicle speed away from the residence and pulled it over. Then it took off at a high rate of speed. The suspects eventually hit some stop sticks, ditched the vehicle and two of them ran into some woods. Deputies say one of the suspects appeared to be armed with a pistol. One suspect was apprehended in the vehicle. Authorities say an assault rifle and ammunition were recovered from the vehicle.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather