ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Two Minnesota National Guard armories are in line for renovations.
Minnesota officials put out the call this week for architects and other designers to bid on projects in Austin and Chisholm.
The National Guard Armory in Austin was built in 1964. It's a single-story building with approximately 22,000 square feet. The construction budget tops out at $3 million.
The armory in Chisholm is even older, dating to 1957. It's also a single story building and is about 16,600 square feet. The budget for that project is a tad more than $2 million.
For both armory projects, the goal is to start construction next fall and complete it by June 2014.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure