ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Two Minnesota National Guard armories are in line for renovations.
Minnesota officials put out the call this week for architects and other designers to bid on projects in Austin and Chisholm.
The National Guard Armory in Austin was built in 1964. It's a single-story building with approximately 22,000 square feet. The construction budget tops out at $3 million.
The armory in Chisholm is even older, dating to 1957. It's also a single story building and is about 16,600 square feet. The budget for that project is a tad more than $2 million.
For both armory projects, the goal is to start construction next fall and complete it by June 2014.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion