JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A bus carrying a minor league team affiliated with the Minnesota Twins was involved in a wrong-way interstate crash in Florida that killed the driver of the other car.
Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Dylan Bryan says no one on the Fort Myers Twins bus was injured in the crash that occurred about 4:25 a.m. Tuesday near Jacksonville. A second bus picked up the team and went on to Elizabethton, Tenn., which also has a Twins instructional league affiliate.
Bryan says the driver of a black Honda was killed. The car was traveling south in the northbound lanes on Interstate 295 when it collided head-on with the bus.
The driver was described as a man in his mid-20s. His identity was being withheld until family is notified.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse