JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A bus carrying a minor league team affiliated with the Minnesota Twins was involved in a wrong-way interstate crash in Florida that killed the driver of the other car.
Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Dylan Bryan says no one on the Fort Myers Twins bus was injured in the crash that occurred about 4:25 a.m. Tuesday near Jacksonville. A second bus picked up the team and went on to Elizabethton, Tenn., which also has a Twins instructional league affiliate.
Bryan says the driver of a black Honda was killed. The car was traveling south in the northbound lanes on Interstate 295 when it collided head-on with the bus.
The driver was described as a man in his mid-20s. His identity was being withheld until family is notified.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked