HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) - An Apple Valley man accused of strangling his pregnant wife will stand trial this fall.
Thirty-six-year-old Roger Holland was in Dakota County District Court Tuesday when his trial was set for Oct. 7. Prosecutors say Holland killed his wife at their town-home last March and then tried to make it look like she accidentally fell down some stairs.
Holland is charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of 37-year-old Margorie Holland and their unborn child. A criminal complaint says text messages show the couple was fighting about financial matters before Margorie Holland was found dead.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press says the victim's family attended Tuesday's hearing. Her former mother-in-law held a wooden angel in court.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.