HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) - An Apple Valley man accused of strangling his pregnant wife will stand trial this fall.
Thirty-six-year-old Roger Holland was in Dakota County District Court Tuesday when his trial was set for Oct. 7. Prosecutors say Holland killed his wife at their town-home last March and then tried to make it look like she accidentally fell down some stairs.
Holland is charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of 37-year-old Margorie Holland and their unborn child. A criminal complaint says text messages show the couple was fighting about financial matters before Margorie Holland was found dead.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press says the victim's family attended Tuesday's hearing. Her former mother-in-law held a wooden angel in court.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure