HUTCHINS, Texas (AP) -- A researcher says a truck trailer hauling a NASA-funded telescope from Minnesota to East Texas has been found near Dallas and the cargo apparently was undisturbed.
Authorities on Wednesday night discovered the trailer at a car wash near Hutchins. University of Minnesota research associate Asad Aboobaker says the trailer's seal was not broken.
Hutchins police did not immediately return a message Thursday, but previously said the driver said the rig was stolen Monday from a Dallas motel.
The cargo was bound for the Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility near Palestine, about 80 miles southeast of Dallas, but never arrived Monday. The equipment is meant for use in a science project in Antarctica.
Further details on the driver were not immediately available. A message left with Minneapolis-based Copeland Trucking was not immediately returned Thursday.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff