GREY EAGLE, Minn. (AP) - Authorities in Todd County say a thief stole a car while the owner was letting it warm up.
A St. Cloud Times report says the vehicle was found about 20 minutes later. It had been involved in a single-vehicle rollover, and the driver wasn't around.
Deputies say the vehicle's owner told police he started his car Saturday afternoon and was letting it get warm. He says someone stole the car while it was idling.
A short time later the sheriff's office received a call reporting a one-vehicle rollover accident. The caller said there was no one at the scene of the crash. Deputies say the car was the stolen vehicle.
The sheriff's office is looking for suspects.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser