GREY EAGLE, Minn. (AP) - Authorities in Todd County say a thief stole a car while the owner was letting it warm up.
A St. Cloud Times report says the vehicle was found about 20 minutes later. It had been involved in a single-vehicle rollover, and the driver wasn't around.
Deputies say the vehicle's owner told police he started his car Saturday afternoon and was letting it get warm. He says someone stole the car while it was idling.
A short time later the sheriff's office received a call reporting a one-vehicle rollover accident. The caller said there was no one at the scene of the crash. Deputies say the car was the stolen vehicle.
The sheriff's office is looking for suspects.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather