MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Target stores nationwide will host free in-store readings Saturday in celebration of the National Education Association's "Read Across America" program.
Events will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Each event will include a reading nook inspired by Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax" as well as a reusable bag filled with activities for children.
Minneapolis-based Target has supported the NEA's Read Across America program since 2003. The program calls for every child in every community to celebrate reading on or around March 2, the birthday of children's book author Dr. Seuss.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case