MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Target stores nationwide will host free in-store readings Saturday in celebration of the National Education Association's "Read Across America" program.
Events will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Each event will include a reading nook inspired by Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax" as well as a reusable bag filled with activities for children.
Minneapolis-based Target has supported the NEA's Read Across America program since 2003. The program calls for every child in every community to celebrate reading on or around March 2, the birthday of children's book author Dr. Seuss.
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion