ASKOV, Minn. (AP) - Pine County authorities say a man whose male relative left him on the side of the road has died after he was struck by a car.
The accident happened Sunday about 8:30 p.m. on a road near Askov. The victim was identified Monday as 23-year-old Ryan C. Lockart of St. Paul.
Investigators say Lockart and a relative were drinking at a bar and left after an altercation. The two men started to argue on the way home and got out of their vehicle to scuffle. Then the relative drove away, leaving Lockart behind.
Lockart walked to Highway 23 near Interstate 35, where he was struck by a car. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The car driver wasn't charged. Lockart's relative was charged with drunken driving.
Minnesota troopers say a pedestrian who was struck by a car in Pine County has died.
A KARE-TV report says the accident happened Sunday about 8:30 p.m. on an icy road near Askov.
The State Patrol says the car was traveling west of Highway 23 near Interstate 35 when the man was struck.
The victim was identified as 23-year-old Ryan C. Lockart of St. Paul. He was taken to a Duluth hospital, where he died.
The 71-year-old driver was not taken to a hospital.
The State patrol says the roads were icy at the time. It's not immediately clear to what degree weather was a factor.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather