ASKOV, Minn. (AP) - Pine County authorities say a man whose male relative left him on the side of the road has died after he was struck by a car.
The accident happened Sunday about 8:30 p.m. on a road near Askov. The victim was identified Monday as 23-year-old Ryan C. Lockart of St. Paul.
Investigators say Lockart and a relative were drinking at a bar and left after an altercation. The two men started to argue on the way home and got out of their vehicle to scuffle. Then the relative drove away, leaving Lockart behind.
Lockart walked to Highway 23 near Interstate 35, where he was struck by a car. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The car driver wasn't charged. Lockart's relative was charged with drunken driving.
Minnesota troopers say a pedestrian who was struck by a car in Pine County has died.
A KARE-TV report says the accident happened Sunday about 8:30 p.m. on an icy road near Askov.
The State Patrol says the car was traveling west of Highway 23 near Interstate 35 when the man was struck.
The victim was identified as 23-year-old Ryan C. Lockart of St. Paul. He was taken to a Duluth hospital, where he died.
The 71-year-old driver was not taken to a hospital.
The State patrol says the roads were icy at the time. It's not immediately clear to what degree weather was a factor.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests