ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Management at the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra has canceled all concerts through March 23 as the lockout of musicians continues.
SPCO President Dobson West said in a statement Thursday that musicians and management held off-the-record discussions earlier this month but reached no agreement.
Negotiators for the musicians then said they have decided not to honor a media blackout requested by a federal mediator, though they're ready and willing to keep talking.
Musicians negotiator Lynn Erickson says the SPCO management has been unwilling to compromise on several issues that are important to the musicians, and that money isn't the main issue.
Musicians at both the SPCO and the Minnesota Orchestra have been locked out in separate contract disputes since October.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser