MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Authorities are investigating a crash during a snowy rush hour that left one person dead.
The Minnesota State Patrol says a northbound vehicle lost control and slid into the southbound lanes where it was broadsided by an oncoming minivan on Highway 13 in Eagan, just south of Interstate 494, around 8 a.m.
The Patrol identifies the victim as 24-year-old Taya N. Clifford, of Eagan. The other driver suffered minor injuries.
The Patrol reported 124 crashes statewide as of 9 a.m., including 23 with injuries, and 119 spinouts or vehicles off the road.
Driving conditions are still rates difficult in some parts of southeastern and northeastern Minnesota.
The storm left five to eight inches of snow in southern Minnesota, and four inches at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse