LITTLE FALLS, Minn. (AP) - Investigators are trying to determine whether the teenage cousins shot and killed during an alleged home burglary in Little Falls last week committed a similar crime hours earlier.
Haile Kifer, 18, and Nick Brady, 17, were killed Thanksgiving Day by Byron Smith, who says they broke into his house.
A Minneapolis Star Tribune report quotes Morrison County Sheriff Michel Wetzel as saying there are "preliminary indications" that Kifer and Brady burglarized a nearby home.
Investigators are studying the red Mitsubishi Eclipse that Brady was driving. Authorities say the same car had been seen in the driveway of a home that had been robbed of coins and medication while the owner was overseas.
Wetzel says before the burglary was discovered, deputies questioned Brady near the car and let him go.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day