ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) - Security procedures are being reviewed at the Olmsted County Government Center after a defendant tried to harm himself with a razor blade during a court appearance.
Authorities say the 77-year-old defendant is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester after trying to cut his wrist during his sentencing for a sex crime Thursday. The man's attorney jumped on him and two probation officers helped take away the razor blade. KTTC-TV reports the man did not suffer serious injuries.
Sheriff Dave Mueller says metal detectors are among the security measures under discussion.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016