MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - More than 300 people joined the search for an Eden Prairie woman who has been missing for eleven days -- including the family of another Minnesota woman whose body was found last week.
Family members of Kira Steger came from Wisconsin to help in the search for Mandy Matula. Steger's father, Jay Steger, says the family wants to "pay it forward" and help bring Matula home.
The 24-year-old Matula was last seen with David Roe. When police asked Roe to come in for questioning, he shot himself in the head in the police parking lot. He later died.
Police have since determined he had Matula's blood on his jacket.
Eden Prairie police are coordinating with St. Louis and Stearns counties to search areas of the Mississippi River.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation