ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A Maryland educational testing company plans to close its facility in St. Paul this year and eliminate nearly 100 jobs.
Prometrics Inc., says it plans to consolidate operations in a new $12 million center near Baltimore this June. Prometrics says it will keep its testing office in Woodbury open and will retain about a dozen employees in the Twin Cities area.
Company spokesman Kevin Kane tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press that Prometrics has more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It provides certification exams for a variety of professions, including health care, government and education.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather