ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A Maryland educational testing company plans to close its facility in St. Paul this year and eliminate nearly 100 jobs.
Prometrics Inc., says it plans to consolidate operations in a new $12 million center near Baltimore this June. Prometrics says it will keep its testing office in Woodbury open and will retain about a dozen employees in the Twin Cities area.
Company spokesman Kevin Kane tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press that Prometrics has more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It provides certification exams for a variety of professions, including health care, government and education.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest