ROBBINSDALE, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a man shot and killed a woman before killing himself at a Robbinsdale home last week.
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office Monday identified the woman as 27-year-old Jennifer Michelle Smith, who died of multiple gunshot wounds. Police identify the man as 73-year-old Ronald West of Brooklyn Park.
Robbinsdale Police Chief Steve Smith tells the Star Tribune that police are classifying the deaths as a murder-suicide. He says West and Jennifer Smith knew each other for at least 10 years, and that West had "confronted her over some issues they had."
Jennifer Smith's 5-year-old son discovered the bodies in the home shortly before 9:30 a.m. Friday. Police recovered a gun at the scene.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently