ROBBINSDALE, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a man shot and killed a woman before killing himself at a Robbinsdale home last week.
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office Monday identified the woman as 27-year-old Jennifer Michelle Smith, who died of multiple gunshot wounds. Police identify the man as 73-year-old Ronald West of Brooklyn Park.
Robbinsdale Police Chief Steve Smith tells the Star Tribune that police are classifying the deaths as a murder-suicide. He says West and Jennifer Smith knew each other for at least 10 years, and that West had "confronted her over some issues they had."
Jennifer Smith's 5-year-old son discovered the bodies in the home shortly before 9:30 a.m. Friday. Police recovered a gun at the scene.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting