ROBBINSDALE, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a man shot and killed a woman before killing himself at a Robbinsdale home last week.
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office Monday identified the woman as 27-year-old Jennifer Michelle Smith, who died of multiple gunshot wounds. Police identify the man as 73-year-old Ronald West of Brooklyn Park.
Robbinsdale Police Chief Steve Smith tells the Star Tribune that police are classifying the deaths as a murder-suicide. He says West and Jennifer Smith knew each other for at least 10 years, and that West had "confronted her over some issues they had."
Jennifer Smith's 5-year-old son discovered the bodies in the home shortly before 9:30 a.m. Friday. Police recovered a gun at the scene.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato