ROBBINSDALE, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a man shot and killed a woman before killing himself at a Robbinsdale home last week.
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office Monday identified the woman as 27-year-old Jennifer Michelle Smith, who died of multiple gunshot wounds. Police identify the man as 73-year-old Ronald West of Brooklyn Park.
Robbinsdale Police Chief Steve Smith tells the Star Tribune that police are classifying the deaths as a murder-suicide. He says West and Jennifer Smith knew each other for at least 10 years, and that West had "confronted her over some issues they had."
Jennifer Smith's 5-year-old son discovered the bodies in the home shortly before 9:30 a.m. Friday. Police recovered a gun at the scene.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law