ROBBINSDALE, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a man shot and killed a woman before killing himself at a Robbinsdale home last week.
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office Monday identified the woman as 27-year-old Jennifer Michelle Smith, who died of multiple gunshot wounds. Police identify the man as 73-year-old Ronald West of Brooklyn Park.
Robbinsdale Police Chief Steve Smith tells the Star Tribune that police are classifying the deaths as a murder-suicide. He says West and Jennifer Smith knew each other for at least 10 years, and that West had "confronted her over some issues they had."
Jennifer Smith's 5-year-old son discovered the bodies in the home shortly before 9:30 a.m. Friday. Police recovered a gun at the scene.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off