NEWPORT, Minn. (AP) - Police have a suspect in custody after an employee was fatally stabbed at a plant nursery in Newport.
Police were called just before 4 p.m. Thursday to Bailey's Nurseries on a report of a man being stabbed.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. His name was not released.
Newport Police Chief Curt Montgomery tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press investigators are not looking for any additional suspects.
St. Paul police say the suspect, a man, was dropped off at the Ramsey County Jail. He was taken to Regions Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries.
Bailey Nurseries issued a statement offering condolences to the slain employee's family and friends.
On its website, Bailey Nurseries says it is a fourth-generation family-owned nursery serving customers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser