NEWPORT, Minn. (AP) - Police have a suspect in custody after an employee was fatally stabbed at a plant nursery in Newport.
Police were called just before 4 p.m. Thursday to Bailey's Nurseries on a report of a man being stabbed.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. His name was not released.
Newport Police Chief Curt Montgomery tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press investigators are not looking for any additional suspects.
St. Paul police say the suspect, a man, was dropped off at the Ramsey County Jail. He was taken to Regions Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries.
Bailey Nurseries issued a statement offering condolences to the slain employee's family and friends.
On its website, Bailey Nurseries says it is a fourth-generation family-owned nursery serving customers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance