ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - St. Cloud police have identified the man who died after driving an SUV into a school last week.
He was 65-year-old George Edward Banks of St. Cloud.
The St. Cloud Times reports it took days for police to locate his next of kin.
The crash happened last Friday afternoon when Banks drove into St. Katharine Drexel School.
Students and staff were evacuated from the building because of concerns about structural damage to the school wall. No one in the school was hurt. The school was open for classes Monday.
Investigators believe that Banks had a medical episode that caused him to veer off the road and hit the building. He was pronounced dead at St. Cloud Hospital.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration