ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - St. Cloud police have identified the man who died after driving an SUV into a school last week.
He was 65-year-old George Edward Banks of St. Cloud.
The St. Cloud Times reports it took days for police to locate his next of kin.
The crash happened last Friday afternoon when Banks drove into St. Katharine Drexel School.
Students and staff were evacuated from the building because of concerns about structural damage to the school wall. No one in the school was hurt. The school was open for classes Monday.
Investigators believe that Banks had a medical episode that caused him to veer off the road and hit the building. He was pronounced dead at St. Cloud Hospital.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather