MILAN, Minn. (AP) - An oversized load spilled from a semi in southwestern Minnesota and killed a passing motorist.
The accident happened on Highway 59 near Milan in Chippewa County Monday. The Minnesota State Patrol says the semi clipped a railroad bridge, causing the cargo to fall onto a car driven by a Granite Falls man. The St. Paul Pioneer Press says 61-year-old George Piasecki died at the scene.
The State Patrol did not identify the kind of cargo the semi was carrying.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration