MILAN, Minn. (AP) - An oversized load spilled from a semi in southwestern Minnesota and killed a passing motorist.
The accident happened on Highway 59 near Milan in Chippewa County Monday. The Minnesota State Patrol says the semi clipped a railroad bridge, causing the cargo to fall onto a car driven by a Granite Falls man. The St. Paul Pioneer Press says 61-year-old George Piasecki died at the scene.
The State Patrol did not identify the kind of cargo the semi was carrying.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse