LE CENTER, Minn. (AP) - One man is dead and another recovering after being overcome by carbon monoxide in south-central Minnesota.
Authorities say the men were working on farm machinery in a garage when they were overcome about noon Monday.
Le Sueur County authorities say 90-year-old Tony Kaisershot died at the scene and 83-year-old Clayton Block was taken by helicopter to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he is listed in satisfactory condition.
Both men are from the Minnesota town of Cleveland. The sheriff's office says they were winterizing a tractor, which apparently was running in an enclosed space at Kaisershot's home near Lake Jefferson.
The Free Press of Mankato reports both men were unconscious when responders arrived.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership