LE CENTER, Minn. (AP) - One man is dead and another recovering after being overcome by carbon monoxide in south-central Minnesota.
Authorities say the men were working on farm machinery in a garage when they were overcome about noon Monday.
Le Sueur County authorities say 90-year-old Tony Kaisershot died at the scene and 83-year-old Clayton Block was taken by helicopter to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he is listed in satisfactory condition.
Both men are from the Minnesota town of Cleveland. The sheriff's office says they were winterizing a tractor, which apparently was running in an enclosed space at Kaisershot's home near Lake Jefferson.
The Free Press of Mankato reports both men were unconscious when responders arrived.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016