NEW HOPE, Minn. (AP) - Hennepin County sheriff's officials are investigating an officer-involved shooting at a gas station in New Hope.
Authorities say a male suspect encountered an off-duty Crystal police officer outside the Holiday gas station about 6 a.m. Friday and that there was evidence a gun was fired. The suspect drove off in the officer's personal vehicle.
Police arrested the suspect and recovered the stolen vehicle in south Minneapolis. Sheriff's officials say the suspect had what appears to be a gunshot wound and was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center.
Investigators say the suspect may have been involved in two earlier overnight incidents, including an assault at a SuperAmerica store in Crystal and an assault on a man in New Hope.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016