LA CRESCENT, Minn. -- A new event in our area will honor a life lost way too soon and help others fighting a deadly disease.
LizFest is set for next weekend at Veteran's Park in La Crescent to remember Elizabeth Melde, a 25 year old La Crosse woman who lost her battle with Lung Cancer this year. Elizabeth was a non-smoker.14422696
Elizabeth's husband Matt is helping organize the event and says it has two goals. "Number 1 it's to preserve Elizabeth's memory, and number 2 we're going to take the money we raise and put that towards starting a non-profit called Livin' for Liz which will help raise awareness about lung cancer," said Matt Melde.
LizFest is set for June 9 at Veteran's Park in La Crescent. It will be packed with activities all day. There's a golf tournament at Pine Creek, a chicken-Q, live music, and kids activities.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests