LA CRESCENT, Minn. -- A new event in our area will honor a life lost way too soon and help others fighting a deadly disease.
LizFest is set for next weekend at Veteran's Park in La Crescent to remember Elizabeth Melde, a 25 year old La Crosse woman who lost her battle with Lung Cancer this year. Elizabeth was a non-smoker.14422696
Elizabeth's husband Matt is helping organize the event and says it has two goals. "Number 1 it's to preserve Elizabeth's memory, and number 2 we're going to take the money we raise and put that towards starting a non-profit called Livin' for Liz which will help raise awareness about lung cancer," said Matt Melde.
LizFest is set for June 9 at Veteran's Park in La Crescent. It will be packed with activities all day. There's a golf tournament at Pine Creek, a chicken-Q, live music, and kids activities.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather