FALCON HEIGHTS, Minn. (AP) - The Minnesota State Fair will offer more than 20 new attractions and exhibits for the 2013 edition of the Great Minnesota Get-Together.
Thrill-seekers will find four new rides, including "Air Raid," which takes riders on an acrobatic flight in all directions including upside down, and Riptide, a roller-coaster that ends with a spiral helix grand finale.
The Department of Natural Resources has completely renovated its indoor fish exhibit, installing five larger aquariums showing fish in their native Minnesota habitat. The new tanks are lower to the ground, making it easier for more guests to see the turtles, fish and other species.
And three new cooking competitions will debut: the Gold Medal Flour Scratch Bakers Cookie Challenge, the Bisquick Family Favorites Recipe Contest and the Canning with Mrs. Wages Pectin Competition.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East