FALCON HEIGHTS, Minn. (AP) - The Minnesota State Fair will offer more than 20 new attractions and exhibits for the 2013 edition of the Great Minnesota Get-Together.
Thrill-seekers will find four new rides, including "Air Raid," which takes riders on an acrobatic flight in all directions including upside down, and Riptide, a roller-coaster that ends with a spiral helix grand finale.
The Department of Natural Resources has completely renovated its indoor fish exhibit, installing five larger aquariums showing fish in their native Minnesota habitat. The new tanks are lower to the ground, making it easier for more guests to see the turtles, fish and other species.
And three new cooking competitions will debut: the Gold Medal Flour Scratch Bakers Cookie Challenge, the Bisquick Family Favorites Recipe Contest and the Canning with Mrs. Wages Pectin Competition.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated