ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Museum and history lovers can take advantage of new or updated tools to sort through Minnesota's vast menu of attractions.
The Minnesota Historical Society has freshened its fold-out map showing its 26 historic sites and museums. Those range from well-known beauties like Split Rock Lighthouse on the North Shore to quieter bits of history such as the Lac qui Parle Mission in Watson, in western Minnesota.
The society is also offering a free Minnesota Museums app to serve as a guide to more than 500 museums.
The app lets users search by theme and location, and will also makes suggestions based on where a user is. It's available starting Wednesday.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say
- Man fatally shot in Waterloo, authorities say