OAKDALE, Minn. (AP) - A 9-year-old Oakdale boy who was shot and killed while riding in a minivan has been identified by his mother.
Melissa Aryal says she picked up her son, Devin, from daycare Monday evening and was heading home when she heard a noise that sounded like something under the hood. Aryal pulled up to a stop sign, and was hit in the arm by a bullet.
She drove to the parking lot of a nearby Rainbow Foods and noticed Devin was bent over, also shot. She says she held him until an ambulance arrived, but he died of his injuries.
Police arrested a 34-year-old man Oakdale man. Authorities say he randomly fired at passing vehicles Monday evening. A motive hasn't been released.
A woman in another vehicle was also injured.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests