OAKDALE, Minn. (AP) - A 9-year-old Oakdale boy who was shot and killed while riding in a minivan has been identified by his mother.
Melissa Aryal says she picked up her son, Devin, from daycare Monday evening and was heading home when she heard a noise that sounded like something under the hood. Aryal pulled up to a stop sign, and was hit in the arm by a bullet.
She drove to the parking lot of a nearby Rainbow Foods and noticed Devin was bent over, also shot. She says she held him until an ambulance arrived, but he died of his injuries.
Police arrested a 34-year-old man Oakdale man. Authorities say he randomly fired at passing vehicles Monday evening. A motive hasn't been released.
A woman in another vehicle was also injured.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting