ZIMMERMAN, MN (AP) - The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will auction off more than 200 guns along with other seized hunting and fishing equipment Saturday.
The auction is at the Hiller Auction Barn in Zimmerman. The items will be available for inspection from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and at 8 a.m. Saturday. The auction begins at 10 a.m.
The DNR says the items for sale include: more than 200 firearms and 40 bows, plus tree stands, fishing rods and reels, tip-ups, traps, trail cameras, spotlights, ground blinds, a hand ice auger, deer antlers, an ATV, a jet ski, snowmobiles and a boat-motor-trailer combination. Bidders must pass a background check on site before taking possession of their guns.
Proceeds from the auction will help fund fish and wildlife management programs.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks