ZIMMERMAN, MN (AP) - The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will auction off more than 200 guns along with other seized hunting and fishing equipment Saturday.
The auction is at the Hiller Auction Barn in Zimmerman. The items will be available for inspection from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and at 8 a.m. Saturday. The auction begins at 10 a.m.
The DNR says the items for sale include: more than 200 firearms and 40 bows, plus tree stands, fishing rods and reels, tip-ups, traps, trail cameras, spotlights, ground blinds, a hand ice auger, deer antlers, an ATV, a jet ski, snowmobiles and a boat-motor-trailer combination. Bidders must pass a background check on site before taking possession of their guns.
Proceeds from the auction will help fund fish and wildlife management programs.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race