HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) -- A 22-year-old Missouri man is charged with a misdemeanor count of careless driving in a construction site crash that killed two electricians.
Prosecutors announced the charge against Kirk Edward Deamos of Raymore, Mo., Monday.
The complaint says Deamos was driving on Interstate 35W through Burnsville on Oct. 13 when he struck 47-year-old Craig Carlson of Ramsey and 44-year-old Ronald Rajkowski of St. Joseph, killing them.
The complaint says Deamos set his cruise control after he had been cited earlier in the day for speeding in Iowa. He told authorities he looked down to shut off the cruise control, and when he looked up he felt he was too close to a barrier. He then overcompensated and lost control.
Deamos does not have a listed phone number and has no attorney on record.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands