EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) - There were some frightening moments for the family of a 12-year-old boy who went missing at a baseball field in Eau Claire.
Police say the child's grandmother dropped him off at the ballpark Monday night and went looking for a parking spot. When she returned to the field, the woman thought her grandson had gone to the nearby park to play. After a short time passed, the grandmother began to worry and started looking for her grandson.
Police were called. Others joined in the search for the boy. Two hours later, another woman at the ballpark returned to her vehicle and found the child asleep in the back seat. The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says the boy told police he was tired so he crawled in the back seat of a vehicle that looked like his grandmother's.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract