EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) - There were some frightening moments for the family of a 12-year-old boy who went missing at a baseball field in Eau Claire.
Police say the child's grandmother dropped him off at the ballpark Monday night and went looking for a parking spot. When she returned to the field, the woman thought her grandson had gone to the nearby park to play. After a short time passed, the grandmother began to worry and started looking for her grandson.
Police were called. Others joined in the search for the boy. Two hours later, another woman at the ballpark returned to her vehicle and found the child asleep in the back seat. The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says the boy told police he was tired so he crawled in the back seat of a vehicle that looked like his grandmother's.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser