ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- - Gov. Mark Dayton is hosting royalty at the governor's residence in St. Paul on Saturday.
Dayton is giving a reception for King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden as part of their three-day visit to Minnesota.
Dayton is proclaiming Saturday "American Swedish Institute Day" to recognize the heritage and bonds shared by Minnesota and Sweden.
The Swedish monarchs toured a new cultural center at the American Swedish Institute in Minneapolis on Thursday. On Friday, they traveled to St. Peter to mark the 150th anniversary of the founding of Gustavus Adolphus College by Swedish immigrants.
The royals will dedicate the Carl and Leslie Nelson Cultural Center at the American Swedish Institute on Saturday.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US